FULL TIME ANIMAL CAREGIVER:
We are looking for a full time Animal Care Giver to be a part of our growing sanctuary
Looking for a highly motivated, dedicated individual, interested in joining the Animal Care Operations at our facility. Work with like-minded individuals that are committed to the highest care and well being of our rescued animals.
- Experience in animal care, preferably at a sanctuary.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to take instruction on how to care for animals.
- Able to oversee volunteers.
- Able to prioritize effectively.
- Able to understand and follow medical directions.
- Excellent animal behavior observation skills
- Excellent research skills.
- Must be able to think outside the box and treat all animals on an individual level.
- Able to work effectively and compassionately with all personality types.
- Able to keep cool in medical emergencies.
- Able to work in all weather conditions and be able to perform strenuous tasks.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Must be very reliable and dependable.
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Able to participate in a variety of organizational programs to better the welfare of our animals
- Team player who is able to monitor and report on all shelter staff duties
- A commitment to Tamerlaine Farm’s animal care policies.
- Passionate about animal welfare.
- Able to handle emotional situations dealing with animals.
- Able to live in a group environment.
- Must live a vegan lifestyle while on the farm.
- Interested in growing with a small sanctuary and help to expand our animal caretaking operations.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- All animal care operations.
- Work with and train Volunteers.
- Daily animal heath care and treatments.
- Documenting all animal health care checks, treatments, vaccinations, worming, medical histories etc.
- Barn and habitat cleaning and enrichment.
- Perform treatments and therapies for special care animals.
- Travel with animals to veterinary appointments.
- Work with founders to come up with the best care program possible for the animals.
- Housing, all meals on the farm and use of the farm car.
- The opportunity to start with a program from the ground up.
- Helping a new sanctuary become a home to future generations of animals.
- Gain experience as animal caregiver
To apply, please contact us via email with your resume and cover letter at
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org